HUTT VALLEY ACTIVITY CENTRE
He waka eke noa
A canoe which we are all in with no exception
We provide a warm, accepting, supportive environment which is directly linked to our Philosophy of Teaching and Learning.This, at its heart, means as a school we are all members of a learning whānau.
- As whānau, we all travel in the waka together on our learning journey.
- We provide wrap-around care, using external agencies, in korero with rangatahi and whānau.
- We provide a positive, learning environment that uses the passions and interests of each of our students to engage them in their learning.
- We provide individual, personalised learning programmes to each of our students.
- Rangatahi, whānau and staff work out an individual educational pathway (Individual Learning Programmes or ILP) through korero.
- We provide one-to-one teaching with each student.
- We are a PB4L school (Positive Behaviour for Learning)
- We are dedicated to our students and their whānau.
- We firmly believe that student academic success can only occur from the roots of strong, safe, individual and group relationships.
- We actively encourage ‘Real World Learning’. This is using teaching in authentic and real environments across all subjects, both inside and outside the classroom.